Left to Right: Stan Passfield, Orillia Concert Assoc; Martina Schroer, Concert Assoc. of Huntsville; Julie Poore, Orillia Concert Assoc.; Ros Batte, Welland/Port Colborne Concert Series; Eitan Cornfield, Port Hope Friends of Music; Scott Peterson, Cornwall Concert Association; Kimberley Crawford, Performing Arts Bancroft; Diane Harrop, Muskoka Concert Association; and Janice Silverthorne, Kawartha Concerts enjoyed three days of concerts and meetings in Ottawa during the NAC’s Ontario Scene and the Capital’s annual Tulip Festival.
Funded by the Department of Canadian Heritage, meetings of the Ontario Classical Music Network (OCMN) were held May 7, 8 and 9th in Ottawa.
The OCMN exists to help each other survive and thrive as classical music presenters in a respectful caring and sharing environment.
Representatives from the following nine, Concert Series Organizations attended the meetings:
- Muskoka (Gravenhurst)
- Kawartha (Lindsay, Peterborough)
- Port Hope
- Welland /Port Colborne
We are very encouraged by the progress made at our Ottawa meetings. During the meetings participants focused on (a) reviewing and confirming the purposes of forming the OCMN; (b) establishing the principles/values that will guide the network; and (c) developing an action plan to launch it.
Please download the summary of the meeting notes so that you can get a more detailed idea as to how the network will benefit you and how you may be able to offer ideas to help others.
Online Discussion Forum
To continue the conversation, the group approved an online, password-protected OCMN discussionforum administered by Ontario Presents as the initial tool to facilitate communication among network members.
The forum provides an easy way for any organization that presents classical programs to collaborate, learn about the many resources available to presenters, share information, and get answers to any questions that arise.
To access the forum, OCMN presenters are invited to join Ontario Presents by creating their individual and your organization’s profiles.
- Step 1: Click on the following link to join the network: https://ontariopresents.ca/join-network
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button half way down the page.
- Step 3. Select ‘Presenter’ under Membership Type.
- Step 4: Select Ontario Classical Music Network (and any other networks in which you wish to participate).
- Step 5: Complete the required fields marked with an asterisk (*), click on Membership Agreement - and hit ‘Continue’
- Step 7: Add any additional names of committee members from your organization or, hit ‘Continue to next step’
- Step 8: Under Special Code, enter VOLUNTEER, and then click ‘Next step’ at bottom of page.
- Step 9: Under Payment, click on ‘Cheque’ and hit ‘Purchase’
Please note that Ontario Presents will waive the fee for OCMN forum participants. If you wish you may still choose to contribute the $25 special rate that OP volunteer presenters pay to be members.